Facts about hugs
- Hugs boost oxytocin (the “cuddle hormone”) which heals the feeling of loneliness, isolation and anger.
- Holding a hug for an extended period of time elevates your mood and makes you feel happy
- Hugging relaxes muscles and releases tension. Hugs can take away pain and soothe aches.
- Hugs teach us how to give and receive. There is equal value in receiving and being receptive to warmth, as to giving and sharing. Hugs educate us how love flows both ways
- The energy exchange between two people hugging encourages empathy and understanding.
How to get the full benefits from hugging
Not all hugs are the same. You need to hug for at least 20 seconds to activate the release of oxytocin.
Meet us for coffee/drinks and some socialising. The event is at our condo in the Harbourfront area.
You will be able to mingle, socialise and hug attendees.
When you arrive type 1303 into the keypad on the gate, we will buzz you in. You need to do the same at the door to the lift lobby. Take the lift to the 13th floor, our apartment is on the right as you exit the lift.
WhatsApp or Call Mark on 85881472 if you have any problems, or Jacqui on 97601961.